Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

"Happy Day" - Expanding on Stamp and Stencil Techniques

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far! Just a quick card for today using a stencil technique and your ink pads. 


The first step is to cut out a stencil of a word with your favourite die cutting machine - I chose the word "happy." Next, temporarily adhere the stencil (I just made a paper stencil AKA the die cut negative) to your card. Finally, using various inks and stamps, stamp repeatedly within the stencil to get a cool looking design! I used some small "dot" and "open dot" stamps, but I think small hearts, starts, etc. would look cute as well. I used different coloured inks for different parts of the word, but I think an ombre effect of one colour would be another great variant of this card.


To finish off the card, I added the word "day", which was also die cut (I also covered it with my clear Wink of Stella pen, but you cannot see the shine in the pictures). The blue ink splots were made using Heidi Swapp Colour Shine and by delicately controlling the splatters.  


Just a reminder that Stampin' Up! is still offering free shipping until April 23rd 2014. If you are interested in placing an order, click here!

Hope you all liked my card for today. Feel free to comment below, or send an email with your questions. If you have any suggestions for future cards/techniques, also let me know! 

As always, crafty wishes,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs